You Must Register with the SMR Race Package
to Participate in this event.
SMR Auto-cross events are low to medium speed car control emphasizing safety. This is an elimination event.
There are 2 Classes (Street Tire Group) and (Race Tire Group)
* Competitors can run both classes (BUT THEY MUST PAY FOR BOTH CLASSES).
* The number of competitors will be depending on the number of cars in each class.
* Each competitor gets 3 passes and the fastest pass counts as your qualifying.
The course will be defined using traffic cones. One driver at a time negotiates the course laid out with cones and flags testing their skill against the clock.
Time penalties are charged for disturbing cones and failing to stop in designated area. The penalty is 1 second per cone and 1 second for failing to stop in stop zone. Each car will require inspection and driver must have appropriate safety equipment.
* The penalty is 2 seconds per cone, DQ for failing to stop in stop box.
The loser of each race will be eliminated, with the winner racing again until a total of 16 cars are left. These cars (the Sweet 16) will receive an award and cash prize.
* Sweet 16 consists of two groups (8 on race tires 8 on street tires 200 tread wear or higher).
The number of racers in the two groups may vary depending on the number of street tire racers and race tire racers. Eight of the Sweet 16 will move on to the next round. These Elite 8 will receive an additional cash prize.
*Elite 8 consists of two groups (4 on race tires 4 on street tires 200 tread wear or higher).
The number of racers in the two groups may vary depending on the number of street tire racers and race tire racers. Four cars will move on to the next round from the Elite 8. This group is called the Fantastic 4. The Fantastic Four receive an additional cash prize.
* Fantastic Finals consists of two groups (2 on race tires 2 on street tires 200 tread wear or higher)
* These are the finals two competitors in each group going for the number one spot.
* Street tire group (best 3 out of 5)
* Race tire group (best 3 out of 5)
Grudge match option available for street vs race tires
* All participants for the Autocross events must provide your own helmet. This is a requirement for all drivers and passengers.
** The final list of requirements and instructions will be given at the drivers meeting prior to racing.
This is for All Levels of Drivers. We Encourage you to try it out. You will be amazed at how fast you can learn to drive like the Pros.
A Full Staff of our Sturgis Mustang Rally Members will get you prepared for your Racing Events. Lining Up and Staged for Racing !!
Have you ever been in a car with a Professional Racing Driver? This is your chance, take advantage of some ride alongs with Gateway Classic Mustangs. This is a Heart Thumping Free Ride that you can only get at the Sturgis Mustang Rally !!