Open to all classes, the Launch Box Competition is a single car timed event. Each competitor starts in the designated launch box racing to the stop box 60 feet away. A drivers failure to stop in the stop box results in elimination from the event. It is a test of acceleration and braking in a mere 60 feet. Are you game?
Mustangs will be selected in a random order. Drivers will begin this event in the Start Box, watching for the drop of the green flag to begin their run.
At 60 feet there will be a Stop Box. If drivers fail to stop within the Stop Box, they will be eliminated from the event. A red flag will be used to signal drivers to abort their launch / travel. Drivers are required to stop immediately upon the signal of the red flag and wait for further instructions - colored lights may replace or be used in conjunction with the red flag.
Prizes and trophies are warded to the three fastest competitors.
A Few Rules: All drivers are required to:
* Produce a valid drivers license and vehicle registration
* Inspect and show their vehicle is in safe operating conditions to SMR officials
* Sign inspection and release forms
* Wear a helmet and seat belt
* All loose items must be secured or removed before competition